Messages for Our Community
Dear families, parents and carers,
We would like to tell you more about our allocation process. We try to make it as fair as possible however due to such a high demand, some children may be granted less days than requested and some children will inevitably miss out. We aim to keep allocated days fair across the board and where children have missed out, we will try and offer them a space on the next play schemes.
We take into consideration a number of variables which include:
- The child’s needs and ability levels so that they can be assigned to the most suited group
- The child’s age and interests
- Staff ratios
- Support level the child is in receipt of i.e already accessing RFA clubs or another service
- The families preferred location of the scheme although this cannot always be guaranteed
- The families preferred days although this cannot always be guaranteed. If you have flexibility around days, this will help facilitate the process but we understand this is not always possible.
- We try to balance opportunities for new children to have opportunities to access the scheme as well and so places are offered first to individuals who do not access other services with us
- In some instances places are allocated to those on our priority waiting list and there a separate criteria for this
- Late applications will always be placed on the waiting list so it’s best to apply early
I hope that helps and hope to see many of you on the next scheme.
With Best Wishes
The RFA team